A huge thank you to all those who have helped to make the publication of my second novel, The Forgotten Seamstress, such a success. I am thrilled to announce that it has been in the Kindle historical fiction top 15 for three whole months!
At the heart of this novel is a patchwork quilt, and I was incredibly lucky that quilt expert Lynne Edwards agreed to help me create Maria’s Quilt. The Quilter magazine Spring 2014 has articles by myself and Lynne about our collaboration. The Quilter is the quarterly membership magazine of The Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles. Find out more at www.quiltersguild.org.uk.
To learn more about the quilt and how it was devised, click here.If you are a quilter or quilt group and would like to have a go at making Maria’s Quilt, the instructions are here. NOTE: it will make much more sense when you’ve read the book!
I shall be out and about over the coming weeks doing talks and signings (for more events please click here) and would love to see you. These include:
- Wednesday 16th April at 8pm: silk history and book talk for Boxted History Group at Boxted Village Hall, Colchester
- Thursday 24th April at 2pm: silk history and book talk for Blackbourne U3A at Great Barton Village Hall, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Saturday 26th April at 11am: talk at Region 8 Quilters Guild Regional Day, Copdock Village Hall, near Ipswich, Suffolk
- Monday 19th May at 5pm: talk at Dulwich Quilters, Dulwich and Sydenham Golf Club.
- Thursday 26th June at 12pm: lunch and talk for Ipswich and Suffolk Club.
- Saturday 28th June at 11.30: talk at Felixstowe Book Festival