My second novel, The Forgotten Seamstress is now out in e-book (for the paperback you’ll have to wait till 16th January). To learn more and for a list of blog dates click here. For preview and early review, click here.
At the heart of this novel is a patchwork quilt, and I was incredibly lucky that quilt expert Lynne Edwards agreed to help me create Maria’s Quilt. If you are a quilter or quilt group and would like to have a go at making Maria’s Quilt, the instructions are here. NOTE: it will make much more sense when you’ve read the book!
If all this was not enough, I have just delivered the first draft of my third novel, commissioned by Harper Collins, entitled The Poppy Factory, for publication later in 2014.
I have a busy schedule of events this autumn and in the New Year, so do come and say hello.
- Saturday 18th January 2 – 4pm: book signing The Forgotten Seamstress at Red Lion Books, High Street, Colchester
- Saturday 25th January 12 noon onwards: book signing for The Forgotten Seamstress, 12 noon onwards at Waterstones, High Street, Colchester
- Friday 7th February 12.30 and 2.30: book talks and signing at Landers Bookshop, Long Melford, Sudbury
- Saturday 8th February 2 – 4pm: book talk at Felixstowe Library, Felixstowe, Suffolk
- Saturday 12th April at 2.15: book talk for South and East Essex Embroiderers Guild at The Balmoral Community Centre, Salisbury Avenue, Westcliffe on Sea
- Wednesday 16th April at 8pm: silk history and book talk for Boxted History Group at Boxted Village Hall, Colchester
- Thursday 24th April at 2pm: silk history and book talk for Blackbourne U3A at Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Saturday 26th April at 11am: talk at Region 8 Quilters Guild Regional Day, Copdock Village Hall, near Ipswich, Suffolk